Bredhurst is located on the North Downs in Kent and is in an Area of Oustanding Natural Beauty (AONB). It forms part of the borough of Maidstone and has a population of approximately 380 people. There has been a settlement on the site of the present day Bredhurst since neolithic times because of fertile fields and the good wood supply. It is quite close to the M2 but retains a traditional feel.
In the village centre is a small village green, the Bredhurst Primary School which was founded in 1866, and The Bell public house which dates from the Tudor period. There is also a village hall which is regularly used by many local clubs and organisations as well as being available for hire.
Other important buildings in Bredhurst are St Peter’s Church which is located in Hurstwood Road and is a typical downland flint church dating from the 11th century and Bredhurst Manor, dating from the time of King Edward III.
Bredhurst was largely untouched during the blitz and the Second World War but did take in evacuees, who went to Bredhurst school.
Bredhurst is lucky to have access to 600 acres of ancient woodland, managed by Bredhurst Woodland Action Group.